Detoxification is big news these days. From special drinks to diet programs, there are now ways to rid your body of a host of different toxins. We know that exposure to heavy metals can contribute to general feelings of fatigue, mental fogginess and even serious medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. The following are six super foods that will reduce heavy metals toxicity in your body.
1. Spirulina is an edible blue-green algae. It is known for its distinctive green color and strong odor and delivers a strong dose of protein, all eight of the essential amino acids, iron, folic acid, B vitamins, selenium and manganese, resulting in strong therapeutic benefits. Spirulina can be effective in removing heavy metals from the nervous system and the liver.
Organic Spirulina Powder GMO-free from NuSci
Organic Spirulina 500mg Tablets from NOW Foods
2. Chlorella is a solid green-colored form of algae. Although it is a little harder to digest than spirulina, chlorella is known to be effective in removing heavy metals for just this reason. Chlorella’s cell walls are very tough and often cannot be fully digested, and it is these cell walls that bind to toxins in your body in order to eliminate them.
Natural Chlorella Supplement from Nature Bound Organic Chlorella Powder (Cracked Cell Walls) from Starwest Botanicals
3. Atlantic dulse is edible seaweed that binds to metals such as aluminum (which is extremely prevalent in the food industry), mercury, lead, copper and nickel. This seaweed works in the digestive tract all the way through the colon to seek out and bind with toxic heavy metals, without releasing them back into the body.
Dulse Flakes – Certified Organic Sea Vegetables from Maine Coast Sea Vegetables
Nova Scotia Dulse Caps from Swanson Premium
4. Barley grass juice powder is not a very common food, but it does help address heavy metals toxicity in the various parts of the digestive system and the reproductive organs. If coupled with spirulina, barley grass juice powder can be even more effective.
Barley Grass Juice Powder from Pure Synergy Organics
Pure Barley Grass Juice Powder Re-sealable Pouches. Non GMO, Soy & Gluten Free from Nubeleaf
5. Dandelion and milk thistle both cleanse the blood vessels and improve the functionality of the liver, which is an important organ when it comes to eliminating impurities from the body.
Organic Dandelion Root Loose Tea from Starwest Botanicals
Organic Milk Thistle Dietary Supplement from Genceutic Naturals
6.Ginger is one of the healthiest plants on Earth. In addition to improving digestion and reducing inflammation in the body, ginger root supports kidney function. The kidneys play an important role in the body’s elimination process and are often one of the first targets of heavy metals toxicity, so they need ginger’s extra power boost.
Fresh organic ginger root
Organic Ginger Root Supplement from Solaray
Ginger Root Powder Organic from Starwest Botanicals
Cheers to your health!!